Sign up here for a NY Times Digital Academic Pass via the CUNY J-School Research Center
Unlike a regular subscription, this is an Academic Pass. You will still receive full access, but signing up is a bit different. Here are the steps to follow:
Go to nytimes.com/passes.
1. Click on "Register" to create a NYTimes.com account using your CUNY e-mail address.
2. At the bottom of the Welcome page, click "Continue."
3. If your email address is from an eligible school, you will then see "Check your email." Look for a “Confirm Your Email Address” message, which should arrive to your CUNY e-mail within 15 minutes.
4. Click on the link in our confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and
grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for your campus designated period.
5. If you don’t get our confirmation email, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to email@example.com
Once you’ve created an account, access from anywhere will simply require your CUNY New York Times login—you will not have to authenticate it through the library’s website. You will see your subscription as being for “one year,” although that renewals will happen as the subscription continues.
If you already have an annual subscription to the New York Times with your CUNY e-mail address, you can cancel it and the New York Times, Co. will issue a refund.
Follow the steps below to sign up for your Wall Street Journal Digital Subscription access via The CUNY J-School Research Center
You must be on campus to register for the first time