PROVENANCE: Are you looking at the original account, article, or piece of content?
SOURCE: Who created the account or article, or captured the original piece of content?
DATE: When was it created?
LOCATION: Where was the account established, the website created, or piece of content captured?
MOTIVATION: Why was the account established, the website created, or the piece of content captured?
1. Search for keywords people actually use
2. For eyewitnesses, search for the first person – ‘me’, ‘my’
3. Search for misspellings and typos
4. Use the right platform
5. Put phrases in quotation marks, and check other syntax errors
6. Don’t overcomplicate it – long queries are more likely to break
Exchangeable image file format, or EXIF, holds important data about a photo, such as the settings used to take the photo as well as the location. EXIF Data Viewer is a tool that allows you to look up an image's EXIF data by uploading that image.