Sign up here for an NY Times Digital Academic Pass via the Newmark J-School Research Center
Unlike a regular subscription, this is an Academic Pass. You will still receive full access, but signing up is a bit different. Here are the steps to follow:
Go to nytimes.com/passes.
1. Click on "Register" to create an NYTimes.com account using your CUNY e-mail address.
2. At the bottom of the Welcome page, click "Continue."
3. If your email address is from an eligible school, you will then see "Check your email." Look for a “Confirm Your Email Address” message, which should arrive in your CUNY e-mail within 15 minutes.
4. Click on the link in our confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for your campus designated period.
5. If you don’t get our confirmation email, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to email@example.com
Once you’ve created an account, access from anywhere will simply require your CUNY New York Times login—you will not have to authenticate it through the library’s website. You will select whether or you are a Student, Staff or Faculty member. If you are a Student, you will also select your Graduation Year (Select a Year Ahead of your Graduation Date, ex: Class of 2021, please enter 2022.) You will have to renew every calendar year, by logging into your account.
If you already have an annual subscription to the New York Times with your CUNY e-mail address, you can cancel it and the New York Times, Co. will issue a refund.
How to activate a complimentary WSJ membership
Students, faculty, and staff at all CUNY schools can activate their complimentary memberships by visiting wsj.com/CUNY and activating their account using their school email.
These subscriptions will last for a calendar year, depending on your status at CUNY.