Conduct surveys in your target demographic:
Use Wufoo or Zoomerang to create a survey with Facebook Manager, you must be logged into Facebook.
Psychographics (lifestyle, opinion and demographics)
• Statista, a searchable database of statistics, studies, dossiers, infographics and more, from over 100,000 vetted sources.
• eMarketer, data from thousands of sources to give a complete view of digital marketing, media and commerce. Includes analyst reports, daily research articles and e-business and online marketing statistics
• Pew Research Center Numbers, facts and trends.
• Reference USA’s Consumer Lifestyle Module and snapshot tool — research your target market, identify clusters, find out household level details about hobbies, interests and purchase behavior. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the module. You can’t download lists of people, but you can do a consumer snapshot.
• You are Where You Live — zip code Lookup of Nielsen’s MyBestSegments.com, Market Segments Research. Here are the NYC Neighborhood zip codes
Get a NY Public Library Card so you can use the resources onsite at the
• ForeSee Research Whitepapers especially The ForeSee Mobile Satisfaction Index, Media and Entertainment Edition
• WPP Consumer Insights Reading Room — worldwide consumer insights, trends, behavior, surveys and forecasts
• BIA Kelsey — local media advertising research & forecasts
• MarketingCharts — marketing data & charts for interactive media marketers
• ReportLinker — links to free and for-fee reports
Find a Stakeholder that might have your data
Do targeted Google searches like these:
social (media OR networks) moms
Millennials environment site:org